We aim to lead by example in the bold decisions we make as a business, from where and how we invest, to the products and services we offer, and of course the workplace we create. We will search for new ways to work with people, communities and businesses, to always evolve with their needs. And we will never stop innovating to make sustainable, ethical choices easy and rewarding.
At Lloyds Bank GmbH we play an important part in peoples’ lives, by the products we offer, and also how we operate. We finance your mortgage, keep your savings secure and also provide you with a personal loan if you need this. In Amsterdam we do this with an enthusiastic team of approximately 200 colleagues from different nationalities, and with an engagement score of 93%, colleagues find us a real ‘Great Place to Work’!
With our grand ambitions, we are looking for new colleagues who will bring fresh ideas to help us grow!
What are we looking for?
As our new ESG Risk Manager you’ll be responsible for quantitative ESG analyses related to our German and Dutch lending activities, as well as the development of ESG stress testing tools and sensitivity analysis and the review and implementation of ESG-related regulatory and policy changes. Additionally, you'll contribute to support team objectives within the broader Risk Team as it arises, potentially including non-ESG objectives.
Which team will you be joining?
This role is part of a new team within Loyds Bank GmbH. As a ESG Risk Manager, you report directly to our Head of Risk Management and Controlling.
- Quantitative ESG analysis related to our German and Dutch lending activities, including analysis of physical climate risks (e.g. flood risk), transition risk, CO2 emissions calculations and net zero transition planning
- Development of ESG stress testing tools and sensitivity analysis
- Review and implementation of ESG-related regulatory and policy changes
- Horizon scanning/review of government policies and market/sectoral trends related to ESG
- Support the embedding of ESG risk across lending and operational activities (including non-credit risks), working with Risk colleagues and other teams
- Development of control environment to mitigate risks, including validation / quality assurance of ESG data/analysis
- Other work to support team objectives within the broader Risk Team as it arises, potentially including non-ESG objectives
Who are you and what do we ask from you?
- Postgraduate qualification in economics / econometrics / finance / sustainability or equivalent
Experience, Knowledge & Skills
- Good data analytics and programming skills (Python, Power BI, SQL, SAS or similar)
- Knowledge of quantitative data analysis, data preparation and presentation
- Knowledge of banking and/or financial risks
- Excellent English communication skills both verbal and in writing.
- Communication skills in German or Dutch is a plus
What's in it for you?
On top of being part of a great group of colleagues we offer you a position for 32 to 40 hours a week. This aligns with a compensation package in line with the market and excellent secondary employee benefits, including:
- 13th month salary, either paid monthly or once a year in December
- 30 days PTO (or 240 hours) per year (based on fulltime employment)
- You can Swap Days to exchange Dutch National Holidays for another day of your choosing
- Non-contributory pension scheme
- You can join our collective medical scheme with a discount
- To support our Green goals, we encourage you to purchase a bike via our bike plan
- We want you to be healthy, so support you in joining a gym of your choosing through our sponsored (bedrijfs-) Fitness
- Get to know everyone in person and join the quarterly Connection events
We value your work-life balance, so offer;
- Flexible working: you can schedule your work hours to meet your personal needs
Hybrid working: you can work from anywhere, even work from another country within the EU
And provide you with a home office set up