We aim to lead by example in the bold decisions we make as a business, from where and how we invest, to the products and services we offer, and of course the workplace we create. We will search for new ways to work with people, communities and businesses, to always evolve with their needs. And we will never stop innovating to make sustainable, ethical choices easy and rewarding.
At Lloyds Bank GmbH we play an important part in peoples’ lives, by the products we offer, and also how we operate. We finance your mortgage, keep your savings secure and also provide you with a personal loan if you need this. In Amsterdam we do this with an enthusiastic team of approximately 200 colleagues from different nationalities, and with an engagement score of 93%, colleagues find us a real ‘Great Place to Work’!
With our grand ambitions, we are looking for new colleagues who will bring fresh ideas to help us grow!
What are we looking for?
As our new Senior Credit Risk Analyst you will be responsible for managing credit risk within risk appetite and in accordance with the Risk Management Framework and Policies. The role has responsibilities in a number of key areas, including portfolio risk, impairment, capital, challenger for the IRB, IFRS9 and Forecasting models, both in development and monitoring phases. As a Senior Credit Risk Analyst you will take the lead in internal projects, help create a collaborative and inclusive environment and coach more junior team members.
Additionally, this role supports strategic projects through detailed analysis and testing, working with other teams on initiatives that benefit the customer experience. All in close cooperation with colleagues in the team, as well as collaborating with business functions, such as Finance, Marketing and Operations.
Which team will you be joining?
The Senior Credit Risk Analyst role is within the Risk Management & Controlling department of Lloyds Bank GmbH in the Netherlands and you will report to the Credit Risk Control Unit Lead. Together with 7 other colleagues you will be a part of the Credit Risk Control Unit Team.
Generate key management information, interpret complex data using statistical techniques and provide insights to support business direction setting
Translate insights into actionable recommendations for senior management and stakeholders, communicate and drive through their delivery
Build and manage effective relationships with colleagues in the wider Risk team and across partnering business functions (such as Operations, Finance, Marketing, Model Development and Monitoring, Model Validation, Customer Analytics and Risk Infrastructure)
Contribute to impairment, capital, ICAAP and ILAAP recalibration/management judgement processes and approvals
Performs and reports on different stress test exercises (Bafin, EBA, ECB, etc.)
Draft timely, accurate and insightful management reporting, including FinRep and CoRep
Ensures a strong risk measurement infrastructure, including models, data, control environment and compliance with internal policies and external regulatory requirements
Who are you and what do we ask from you?
You are in possession of a Master’s degree level or equivalent in a highly analytical and numerate discipline, such as econometrics, mathematics, physics, or similar.
Experience & Knowledge
For this role its required to have at least 4 years of experience as a Credit Risk Analyst. Within your experience you have gained knowledge of Probability of Default (PD) / Loss Given Default (LGD) / Exposure at Default (EAD) / Internal Ratings Based (IRB) / Stress Testing. You also have Basel regulation knowledge, specifically on capital (credit risk) and Basel III and Basel IV regulatory framework.
Broad knowledge of credit risk lifecycle, decision systems and financials is also required on top of having a good understanding of more sophisticated credit risk measurement and management techniques and being able to apply these independently.
Skills & Capabilties
- A pro-active attitude is required
- You have the ability to get things done under pressure and hands-on mentality
- You have advanced analytical and problem-solving skills
- You have the ability to learn self-train and find solutions
- You are excellent planning and organizational skills
- You are self-motivated and well organized
- You are confident and credible communicator who displays both technical knowledge and commercial understanding
- You have advanced SAS and SQL skills
- You have advanced MS Office skills (Excel and PowerPoint); Experience with Power BI is a plus
- You have excellent English communication skills; Dutch is a plus
What's in it for you?
On top of being part of a great group of colleagues we offer you a position for 32 to 40 hours a week. This aligns with a compensation package in line with the market and excellent secondary employee benefits, including:
- 13th month salary, either paid monthly or once a year in December
- 30 days PTO (or 240 hours) per year (based on fulltime employment)
- You can Swap Days to exchange Dutch National Holidays for another day of your choosing
- Non-contributory pension scheme
- You can join our collective medical scheme with a discount
- To support our Green goals, we encourage you to purchase a bike via our bike plan
- We want you to be healthy, so support you in joining a gym of your choosing through our sponsored (bedrijfs-) Fitness
- Get to know everyone in person and join the quarterly Connection events
We value your work-life balance, so offer;
- Flexible working: you can schedule your work hours to meet your personal needs
Hybrid working: you can work from anywhere, even work from another country within the EU
And provide you with a home office set up