We aim to lead by example in the bold decisions we make as a business, from where and how we invest, to the products and services we offer, and of course the workplace we create. We will search for new ways to work with people, communities and businesses, to always evolve with their needs. And we will never stop innovating to make sustainable, ethical choices easy and rewarding.
At Lloyds Bank GmbH we play an important part in peoples’ lives, by the products we offer, and also how we operate. We finance your mortgage, keep your savings secure and also provide you with a personal loan if you need this. In Amsterdam we do this with an enthusiastic team of approximately 200 colleagues from different nationalities, and with an engagement score of 93%, colleagues find us a real ‘Great Place to Work’!
With our grand ambitions, we are looking for new colleagues who will bring fresh ideas to help us grow!
What are we looking for?
As our new Senior Risk Manager you will be responsible for ensuring Compliance in a wide range of non-financial risks within the business, within risk appetite and in accordance with the Group (Operational) Risk Management Framework, the Group Policy Framework and local law and regulations.
This role is within the Compliance department of LB GmbH and you will report to the Team Lead.
Manage, Coordinate and Develop
The role holder is responsible for setting priorities in regards to daily activities in a self-driven manner Additionally, business departments shall be provided with advice and coordination internally within the Group to the extent that controls and their results are required to be explained and justified and a change in colleagues behavior (where necessary) shall be achieved.
The role holder are predominantly performing medium to high-complexity tasks in a medium to high-materiality/ high-risk-exposure policies. This includes but is not limited to:
- Apply and adhere to the Risk Management Framework and other handbooks in a self-driven manner
- Identify, assess, manage, monitor and report about risks
- Maintain and execute the local Compliance Plan and monitoring plan and enhance the compliance process
- Identify legal and regulatory developments and inform internal stakeholders
- Translate policies and local law and regulations into local processes and procedures
- Provide advice on potential regulatory risks
- Raise internal awareness on regulatory risks and develop and provide relevant trainings
- Identify, analyse and measure Compliance Risks, implement and monitor controls, and report on performance against key performance indicators
- Establish, build and maintain relationships with in- and external stakeholders
The role holder is responsible for the implementation of a small number of medium to high-materiality/ high-risk-exposure policies and the performance of allocated controls. Additionally, the role holder is independent in his/ her thinking as to how regulatory and policy requirements shall be implemented. This includes the performance of gap analysis against local legislation and initiate waiver/ exception process as and when required.
Project / Change Management
It is required that the role holder may regularly pick up responsibilities from a change perspective to lead smaller projects and the Compliance workstream in projects independently. In this, the role holder acts as a representative for the department in cross functional projects, maintain and develop relationships with other financial institutions/regulators or 3rd party suppliers.
It is expected that the role holder can independently communicate with colleagues up to Head of level and beyond and propose final solutions for problems. Any communication shall be done in English fluently.
Performing Second Line data protection compliance tasks in areas such as: data subject requests, data breach handling, privacy impact assessment for any initiated changes within the company and when sourcing a new supplier;
- Responding to queries from the business on data protection;
- Supporting development and operation of data protection processes;
- Monitoring a Bank's ongoing ability to remain data compliant;
- Refining and maintaining internal procedures and training on data protection and records management;
- Closely cooperating with Data Protection Officer;
- Helping with Audits and communication with regulators on data protection authorities;
- Management of data privacy risks, mitigation of exposures.
Who are you and what do we ask from you?
For this role its required to have a University degree in law, economics or equivalent. Having a Risk Management or Certified Compliance Officer qualification or equivalent is preferred.
Experience & Knowledge
You have at least 5 years of relevant experience in Auditing. Within your experience you have gained specific knowledge of techniques and tools required to manage and monitor risk processes. You have also gained sound knowledge of integral risk control models and reporting. A conceptual understanding of the principles of the business area including a detailed knowledge of relevant legislation is also very important knowledge that you bring in to this role.
Skills & Capabilties
- Ability to develop operational policies within the area and ensure that procedures are understood
- Ability to interpret and unravel complex cases and provide solutions to improve relations/processes
- Excellent planning and organization skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and in writing (German or Dutch and English) and ability to demonstrate these skills effectively across all levels of the organisation
- Ability to get things done under pressure, hands-on mentality and pro-active
- Self motivated and well organised
- Strong knowledge of EU data protection laws (including BDSG) and regulations and a good understanding of other major relevant framework;
- Professional data protection certifications (such as CIPP/E and CIPM) are advantageous;
- Expierience of Risk Management;
- Solution focused and analytical;
- A great communicator with sound interpersonal skills and strong written and verbal communication;
- Willingness for continuous learning;
- Fluent English. German or Dutch language is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of EU data protection laws and regulations (including BDSG, Dutch Data Protection Act) and a good understanding of other major relevant framework;
- Proven ability to assimilate complex information and support decision making within the business
What's in it for you?
On top of being part of a great group of colleagues we offer you a position for 32 to 40 hours a week. This
aligns with a compensation package in line with the market and excellent secondary employee benefits,
- 13th month salary, either paid monthly or once a year in December
- 30 days PTO (or 240 hours) per year (based on fulltime employment)
- You can ‘Swap Days’ to exchange Dutch National Holidays for another day of your choosing
- Non-contributory pension scheme
- You can join our collective medical scheme with a discount
- To support our Green goals, we encourage you to purchase a bike via our bike plan
- We want you to be healthy, so support you in joining a gym of your choosing through our sponsored (bedrijfs-) Fitness
- Get to know everyone in person and join the quarterly Connection Events
We also value your work-life balance, so offer;
- Flexible working; you can schedule your work hours to meet your personal needs
- Hybrid working; you can work from anywhere, even work from another country within the EU
- And provide you with a home office set up