We aim to lead by example in the bold decisions we make as a business, from where and how we invest, to the products and services we offer, and of course the workplace we create. We will search for new ways to work with people, communities and businesses, to always evolve with their needs. And we will never stop innovating to make sustainable, ethical choices easy and rewarding.
At Lloyds Bank GmbH we play an important part in peoples’ lives, by the products we offer, and also how we operate. We finance your mortgage, keep your savings secure and also provide you with a personal loan if you need this. In Amsterdam we do this with an enthusiastic team of approximately 200 colleagues from different nationalities, and with an engagement score of 93%, colleagues find us a real ‘Great Place to Work’!
With our grand ambitions, we are looking for new colleagues who will bring fresh ideas to help us grow!
What are we looking for?
As Senior Business Analyst, you’ll put your extensive expertise into practice not only by delivering changes for the Mortgage Feature Team (MFT) but also by acting as a coach for the BA colleagues within that team.
As part of the change delivery for the MFT, you’ll gather and validate business needs and translate them into documented requirements. Furthermore, you’ll perform in-depth analyses and draft advisory documents on potential improvements/solution scenario’s. Close cooperation with the business, suppliers and other stakeholders is key. The Senior BA also acts as a sparring partner of the Product Owner and other BA’s. Together with the Manager of Change and Project Portfolio you’ll support the other BA’s within the Mortgage Feature Team in their development and performance as BA. You’ll also be in close contact with Senior BA’s from other Feature Teams to further shape the BA practice within our Change team.
As our new Senior Business Analyst, you have extensive relevant experience within a BA role and, preferably, have knowledge of mortgages. You are capable and comfortable to contribute beyond your own realm of expertise, eager to learn new skills and embrace an agile way of working.
Which team will you be joining?
The position Senior Business Analyst (MFT) is within the Change team of Lloyds Bank. You report to the Manager Change and Project Portfolio. The Change team consists of colleagues performing different roles, like Project Owners, PMO, Quality Assurance, Process Manager, Business Analysts and Scrum Masters. Together the team is responsible for delivering change within the bank in an optimal and safe way. Most colleagues perform their daily activities as part of a Feature team. They do that together with colleagues from other departments.
Who are you and what do we ask from you?
- You collaborate with the business through elicitation sessions to ensure full understanding and appropriate documentation of business needs
- Translate business needs into concrete User Stories, elaborate on them within Refinement sessions and manage them throughout their lifecycle in JIRA
- Carry out impact assessments, create/ modify business process flows, perform process analyses to develop and validate solutions
- Deliver backlog items to expected quality, from creation and estimation until testing and implementation. This includes:
- Identification of any issues that may affect delivery in advance and seeking solutions to rectify
- Take informed decisions required for delivery together with the team
- Performing peer-reviews of deliverables of other BA’s
- Supports the Product Owner with managing the backlog, e.g. the definition of Epics/ User stories and clarification of detailed requirements with input from stakeholders
- Act as a BA role model, by demonstrating knowledge and insight into the BA role
- Facilitate BA’s in their development as BA and in fulfilling their potential e.g. by using and sharing own experience and by providing constructive feedback
- Works closely with suppliers as well as colleagues in different locations
- Comfortable to support the team by picking up tasks beyond the own realm of expertise
- Participate in relevant Scrum ceremonies such as the Sprint planning, Daily stand ups, Refinement sessions, Sprint reviews and Retrospectives
- Ensure adherence to development standards and processes within Lloyds Bank NL and Lloyds Banking Group
We ask for a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Business studies. If you are in procession of relevant Business Analyst certifications such as ECBA, CCBA and CBAP it’s a plus.
Experience, skills & Knowledge
- You have 5+ years relevant work experience within BA role
- Knowledge of and experience with Mortgages is a must; from product features to key processes and main IT systems/ suppliers
- Experience in mentoring and coaching, online and face to face, is a plus
- You are motivated to foster BA-colleagues in their role as BA by acting as coach / mentor
- You are pro-active, analytical and structured with good attention to detail, whilst also capable of seeing the bigger picture
- You are dynamic with the ability to learn and use new skills and knowledge in varying circumstances
- You are able to develop strong working relationships and work collaboratively within the team as well as across organizational levels
- You are familiar with putting Agile and/or Scrum principles into practice
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills in Dutch and English
The key competencies that describe you:
- You are flexible and able to act in many and diverse situations
- You have problem solving skills and able to cope with resistance
- You have coaching skills
- You are result oriented
- You have a pro-active attitude
- You are a team player, with the ability to connect with people
- You are active in stakeholder management
What's in it for you?
On top of being part of a great group of colleagues we offer you a position for 32 to 40 hours a week. This aligns with a compensation package in line with the market and excellent secondary employee benefits, including:
- 13th month salary, either paid monthly or once a year in December
- 30 days PTO (or 240 hours) per year (based on fulltime employment)
- You can ‘swap Days’ to exchange Dutch national holidays for another day of your choosing
- Non-contributory pension scheme
- You can join our collective medical scheme with a discount
- To support our green goals, we encourage you to purchase a bike via our bike plan
- We want you to be healthy, so support you in joining a gym of your choosing through our sponsored (bedrijfs-) Fitness
- Get to know everyone in person and join the quarterly Connection Events
- You can use the learning portal Goodhabitz
We also value your work-life balance, so offer;
- Flexible working; you can schedule your work hours to meet your personal needs
- Hybrid working; you can work from anywhere, even work from another country within the EU
- And provide you with a home office set up